Creating the future of banking with Hispanic leaders
Andy Navarrete and Jennifer Lopez absorbed the value of ingenuity and hard work by watching each of their families build a new life in the United States. The two Capital One executives have channeled their familial lessons into creating an environment where Hispanic associates thrive.
Jennifer—whose parents are from Puerto Rico and Mexico—learned how to fix broken pipes and repair vehicles while growing up in New York. She grew to love building things from nothing. This spirit of innovation led Jennifer to Capital One in 2013. She’s developed the company's design practice and brought websites, banking applications and various new solutions to life. Jennifer, now vice president of product development and head of the Innovation Lab, filed patents and founded a conference for Hispanics in Tech, our Business Resource Group (BRG) for Hispanic technologists and allies.
“We’re shattering the stereotype that says Latinos are not inventive.”
Andy watched his dad rebuild his career from scratch after his parents emigrated from Cuba to the United States as refugees. Andy absorbed the importance of resilience and saying yes to every opportunity. He joined Capital One in 1999, when it was still a relatively new company focused on credit cards, to manage regulatory and legal issues. He now leads a team of 400 associates who manage the company’s interactions with state and federal policymakers, communications, corporate philanthropy and community relations, including the company’s affordable housing business. Andy is also the executive sponsor for HOLA, our BRG for Hispanic associates and allies.
“We are working together to disrupt the industry. We’ve been on a mission to change banking for good, and we’re not stopping now.”
Hispanics in Tech: A community for Latinx talent
Learn how Hispanics in Tech is creating an inclusive environment in technology that is approachable and welcoming to all.
Hispanic & Latinx at Capital One: community, connection, career growth
Learn more about the Hispanic/Latinx Business Resource Group, HOLA And find out how it’s enriching our associates’ work lives.
Translating community pride into a thriving career
Aarón uses his passion for equity and service to engineer and build Capital One’s community partnerships.
- Lead Automation Test Engineer (Remote) R175310
- Business Manager - SBB Fraud Defense R174516
- Business Director - Card Technology Strategy R174471
- Senior Salesforce Engineer R175304
- Part Time Branch Ambassador - Jennings Area R175299
- Risk Manager R175249
- Manager, Software Engineering, Full Stack R175292
- Principal Risk Specialist, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) - Models and Advanced Data Insights (MADI) Team R175221
- Manager, Product Manager- Marketing Analytics & Products Strategy R169732
- Senior Associate, Accounting - Regulatory Reporting R175217
- Manager, Supplier Management R174793
- Director, Project Manager R175177