Senior Marketing Manager, National MarketingApply now Job ID R86797 Updated date 10/30/2019 Location Wilmington, Delaware; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Company & Department Overview:
Capital One’s Consumer Bank Marketing (CBM) team is a collection of collaborative and forward-thinking strategists with a passion for developing, testing, and executing world class marketing. Just as Capital One is Reimaging Banking with undeniably great products, effortless digital experiences, and a superior customer experience delivered through Cafes, Branches and online, CBM is taking bold steps to establish Capital One as a differentiated Banking choice on a national scale.
This is an exciting time to join our team. 2018 was a pivotal year as we launched our first ever national Bank campaign. Throughout 2019, and in the years to come, Capital One will continue to make significant investments in technology, retail customer experience and product enhancements to meet the needs (and demands) of modern banking. CBM has the opportunity to tell a compelling story to consumers as Capital One re-writes banking history.
Are you a passionate marketer with a track record of delivering breakthrough results? Have you managed high-performing teams to achieve long-term objectives? Are you known for your unique ability to develop insight-driven campaigns? If you’re a persuasive, analytically rigorous, highly collaborative leader that is adept at bringing ideas to life in creative ways you may be the perfect match for our Senior Marketing Manager, National Marketing position located in Wilmington, DE or McLean, VA.
This high-profile role will develop customer-centric marketing strategies and deliver integrated campaigns to help bring Banking Reimagined to the masses. The ideal candidate will be able to partner with multiple stakeholder groups including Brand Advertising, Brand Media, Enterprise Social, Corporate Communications/Public Relations, Product, Insights, and Marketing Analytics to deliver a comprehensive marketing strategy and execute insight-driven campaigns that establish Capital One as a new and different bank, one that is looking out for customers and their money.
• Lead a team of 4-6 to develop and execute integrated, multi-channel, marketing campaigns on a national scale to drive account growth, multi-product relationships, and brand awareness/affinity.
• Partner with cross-functional teams and external agencies to develop grounded yet compelling messaging strategies and channel plans that establish Capital One as a powerful challenger bank brand.
• Brainstorm disruptive marketing strategies and tactics to reinforce Capital One’s unique value proposition and rigorously test and evaluate ideas within a consumer-centric framework.
• Create strategies and collaborate with Advertising, Media, Social, Sponsorship and Public Relations partners to increase awareness and perception of Capital One as a Bank.
• Author sound campaign, media, and creative briefs to guide breakthrough work.
• Define market research and customer intelligence projects with internal teams and external vendors to harvest insights and inform campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years marketing experience
- MBA in Marketing or Strategy from a top business school.
- Marketing experience at a leading financial services or consumer company.
- Experience marketing challenger brands and consumer technologies.
- Experience leading and coaching high-performing marketing teams.
- Proven track record managing agencies and delivering world-class marketing.
- Experience creating and delivering integrated multi-channel (TV, radio, out of home, print, digital media, sponsorships/events, social and direct marketing) marketing campaigns.
- Experience operating in Agile working model.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity.
- Persuasive communicator both orally and in writing.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).