Senior Associate, Digital Marketing StrategistApply now Job ID R77664 Updated date 06/13/2019 Location Wilmington, Delaware; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a talented Senior Associate, Marketing Strategist to join their Paid Digital Acquisitions team supporting the Consumer Bank. This position is part of Consumer Bank Marketing team, that is on an exciting journey to build a nationally recognized Bank brand and deliver a compelling and digital first product experiences to our customers.
The Sr. Associate, Marketing Strategist will be responsible for developing and executing digital acquisition strategies for the Consumer Bank business. The team plans, develops and executes marketing strategies for new prospects as well as existing customers, whether they choose to interact in our local branches, cafes or digitally. We always think Customer first, helping them to bank better, simplify their lives and join them on their journey through all the seasons of their lives. Our challenge is to stand out in a sea of financial distrust, by delivering a world class experience through the entire customer lifecycle. This role makes a direct impact towards this goal.
The successful candidate will evangelize customer-centric, digital-first best practices in developing, managing and continually optimizing digital performance marketing programs. They are also excited to be a part of the digital marketing industry and passionate about positive consumer experiences. This person will be competitive and want to win the hearts and minds of consumers. They will not be afraid to champion an ‘out of the box’ idea but will have a healthy dose of pragmatism.
In this role, you will be responsible to cultivate the digital marketing strategy, as a part of a cross or omni-channel effort to drive Bank product adoption and deposits. This will involve collaborating with our product teams to build a plan that meets business goals, working with market research teams to gather consumer insights and partnering with our creative teams to craft the marketing concepts, positioning and creative assets. Additionally, you will coordinate with internal and external partners to execute the campaign. Your intellectual curiosity will be fed by the ongoing near real time analytics as we evolve and optimize our campaigns. We will look to your ability to influence and your impeccable judgment to drive collaboration and decision-making with partners up to the most senior levels. The ideal candidate will also be able to navigate ambiguous marketing challenges, embrace an increasingly diverse and digital marketplace, work across multiple marketing channels with tremendous empowerment and autonomy, and have a good understanding of key marketing disciplines.
- Work closely with product teams to build marketing solutions that deliver on business goals
- Leverage market, competitive and customer intelligence to develop a deep understanding of market opportunities, customer insights and business drivers
- Manage high-impact, integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to launch which includes strategy development, briefing creative teams, managing creative development, communicating with stakeholders, securing approvals, and driving marketing best practices
- Collaborate with business and channel marketing partners to refine the consumer bank value proposition and messaging platforms to effectively influence prospects to drive consideration
- Effectively leverage a variety of marketing channels and recommend new media testing options to create new opportunities to drive business growth
- Analyze business results, marketplace trends and consumer insights to inform product positioning and claims
- Leverage analytics to analyze channel performance for quick-turn optimization
- Provide strategic direction to marketing channel partners to improve upon digital marketing that supports key business priorities
- Manage all aspects of direct-to-consumer marketing including creative development, media strategy or planning, tracking or reporting and budget management
Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Highly effective communication and storytelling skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with ability to work and influence people from across the organization and management levels
- Ability to perceive our products through the eyes of the Customer
- Personality to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Able to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously and navigate ambiguity
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and prioritization skills, managing multiple projects, stakeholders, and deadlines effectively
- Agile methodologies and Design Thinking approaches to solving consumer problems
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Self-driven, responsible, and able to take ownership on projects
- An understanding of the creative process, what makes good creative, and how digital solutions work and produce target KPI’s
- Ability to juggle multiple campaigns and projects at the same time
- Understanding of the full life cycle of a campaign including but not limited to briefing, strategy, planning/buying, execution, reporting and optimizations
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize own workload and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital or performance marketing roles including experience partnering with 3rd parties or advertising agencies
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Economics or Consumer Behavior
- Financial services experience
- Certified in Google Analytics, AdWords or Bing
- Fundamental understanding of martech tools in Digital Media: programmatic buying via DSPs, audience targeting, DMPs, paid search marketing and social platforms
- Experience with tag management solutions
- Experience with ad server trafficking
- Experience in developing, scheduling, and maintaining campaign insertion orders
- Experience with agile working models
- Understanding of project management processes including requirements development and management, scope definition and management, communication management, budget management and reporting, resource management, risk identification and management
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and coordinate with cross-functional teams to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Understand and translate complex business challenges into smart digital solutions
- Experience developing schedules and budgets
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).