Principal Coordinator- Trade Finance Services- Wilmington, DEApply now Job ID R86670 Updated date 01/02/2020 Location Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Commercial Operations is looking for a candidate to join our Trade Finance Services team based in Wilmington, DE. In this role, you will be developed as a subject matter expert for trade finance and our letter of credit portfolio supporting clients firmwide.
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for negotiating, issuing, and advising Standby and Trade Letters of Credit for domestic and international transactions.
- Negotiate draft Letters of Credit and provide commentary to internal/external stakeholders.
- Act as point of contact for clients conducting Import, Export, and Standby related business transactions.
- Exposure to syndicated lending credit facilities. Managing direct and indirect LC exposure.
- Opine and negotiate credit agreement language with internal/external counsel as it relates to Letters of Credit.
- Identifying and resolving issues and escalating to direct and senior management.
- Act as Liaison between Trade Finance Services and technology support teams.
- Perform post audit review of Trade Finance Service products and services.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a risk management and control focus with a high level of personal accountability and ownership of their role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with Internal/External clients.
- Highly motivated professional, possessing strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- An interest and/or fungible skills in machine learning, robotic process automation, and application improvement.
- Demonstrate aptitude to question current procedures with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Ability to respectfully challenge, make decisions and handle multiple projects or deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- International Banking Experience
- At least 2 years of banking experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Trade Finance
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of International Chamber of Commerce Rules and Regulations for
documentary Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, Documentary Bills for Collection, Uniform Rules for reimbursement, and International Standard Banking Practice.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this positionNo agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).