Master Software EngineerApply now Job ID R79639 Updated date 07/11/2019 Location Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we consider ourselves the bank a technology company would build. We’re delivering best-in-class innovation so that our 65 million customers - and counting - can manage their finances with ease. Our reality and vision empower our engineers to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform real-time data, software, and algorithms into financial clarity.
We’re all-in on the cloud and a leader in the adoption of open source, RESTful APIs, microservices, and containers. We build our own products and release them with a speed and agility that allows us to get new customer experiences to market quickly. We’re going boldly where no bank has gone before. And, as a founder-led company, we’re inspired and empowered to make, break, do, and do good. So, let's do something together:
Looking to work somewhere with the flexibility of a start-up but the financial muscle of a Top-10 bank? You’re in the right place! And here’s what that means for you…
You’ll have a flexible work schedule—we want to understand where and when you’re at your best so you have a healthy work-life balance. Diversity and Inclusion are cultural norms here—you’ll have access to active local chapters of Women in Tech, Blacks in Tech, and Hispanics in Tech and more. Plus, you’ll be given time to support the next generation of technologists by volunteering with youth programs like Capital One Coders - our engineer-led experience that teaches middle school students in underserved communities how to code. Want to learn more? See what our associates are up to at #LifeatCapitalOne!
Who You Are:
- You are fun to work with – you’re excited by a team environment
- You are curious. You like to learn new technologies, and you adapt well to change
- You are passionate about current state-of-the-art software technologies and tools, with experience implementing them effectively
- You are excited about working with cloud-native stack, building on AWS using technologies like Kubernetes and Serverless
- You possess a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- You are motivated and actively looking for ways to contribute
- You are passionately focused on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
- You value data and truth over ego
- You possess a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, take pride in your code
- You’re pragmatic - you make the best use of time and resources to find the simplest workable solution
- You think and act like an owner, taking personal responsibility for both team and product success
- You possess great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to influence and make a strong case for technology choices
- You thrive in collaborative agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of engineering
What You’ll Own:
- Collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Leading the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Assisting in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 1 year experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or public cloud service
- Master’s Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Agile practices
- At least 6 years of experience in open source frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).