Lead Software EngineerApply now Job ID R95320 Updated date 03/25/2020 Location Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
A Profile Developer within our Retail and Direct Technology requires the design, coding, and testing of software projects, with a special focus on the underlying architecture of systems and integration between them. Additionally, this individual is expected to lead projects and initiatives, mentor junior developers and contribute to best practices. Duties include development in one or more of the follow technologies: Mumps, Profile Scripting Language (PSL), Java, SQL, XML/XSL, HTML, ASP.NET, C#, and VB.NET.
· Work with Development Team Leader and business owners to refine and clarify project requirements.
· Work with Development Team Leader to help manage tasks and stories.
· Architect sound solutions for projects
· Produce detailed design specifications from project requirements.
· Code projects using existing design standards and within accepted defect rate based on specification documents.
. Perform peer reviews for code and design.
· Help gather and provide input to assist in overall team process improvement and product design stability.
· Properly track issues and resolutions in relation to the development effort using JIRA.
· Ensure that all code retains logical stability, reliability, confidentiality, and integrity of Capital One systems is in accordance with Capital One policies, procedures and guidelines.
At least 5 years of professional experience developing on Profile application
At least 2 years of professional experience managing projects and teams
At least 2 years of professional experience with multi-tier system design and implementation
4+ years working on Windows desktop and server applications
3+ years working with Profile Scripting Language (PSL)
3+ years working in an agile environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).