Associate, FX and Derivatives Operations- Wilmington, DE/ New York, NYApply now Job ID R95657 Updated date 04/01/2020 Location Wilmington, Delaware; New York, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Derivative Operations is a part of Capital One's Commercial Banks Operations. This organization is responsible for
ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of derivative products.
The Derivative Operations team is responsible for trade confirmation, trade settlement, static data and
reconciliation. The department partners with the business, derivatives trading and other operational teams to support
the full derivative life cycle.
- Process settlements, managing to tight deadlines
- Process payments, managing to tight deadlines
- Ensure accuracy of transactions
- Draft and follow up on outstanding legal confirmations for derivatives
- Resolve pre and post settlement breaks
- Ensure compliance to key controls
- Work closely with clients and internal partners to resolve queries and disputes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Planning and organization skills: ability to establish work plans, prioritize, and multi-task
- Strong communicator and Client facing experience (verbal and written)
- Risk and Control understanding and focus.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills and solid team player
- Attention to detail and results-focused
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of Derivatives or Foreign Exchange experience
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Derivatives or Foreign Exchange products
- At least 3 years of financial services experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).