Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R58592 Updated date 10/17/2018
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, we measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Conversational AI Products, who will lead the creation of our consumer-facing experiences for Eno, Capital One’s Intelligent Assistant. You will have the opportunity to work across lines of business, teams, and platforms to build experiences that leverage our intelligent assistant’s ability to provide personalized, contextual answers in real-time. The ideal candidate will take a customer-backed approach to understanding how Eno can solve major areas of friction for Capital One’s customers.
In this role you will:
- Translate customer needs into experiences driven by our Intelligent Assistant’s capabilities, including conversational dialogue, machine learning, and proactive conversations.
- Partner with our AI Design and Tech teams to find opportunities to leverage machine learning to deliver personalized and contextual experiences for our customers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to integrate our intelligent assistant within our digital servicing ecosystem.
- You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth. You are a dynamic product owner who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
- Take market analysis, user feedback, analytics and best practices into consideration when driving product strategy.
- Rally a cross-function team around a product direction and be able to take an MVP approach to all customer-facing experiences
- Encourage a test and learn approach across the product lifecycle from prototyping to launch
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Proven track record of defining an end state and taking an MVP approach to launching features
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed and collaborative environment, closely partnering with Design and Tech to define and launch experiences
- A record of translating business objectives to features that delight customers
- Proven creative vision and ability to connect with consumers
- High level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
- Ability to put team before self and are energetically collaborative
- Compelling and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- MBA preferred
-Experience leveraging machine learning in building consumer-facing experiences
-Experience building for intelligent assistants such as Siri, Alexa, Google Home or chatbots
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this positionNo agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Data Visualization Specialist Vienna, Virginia
- Product Designer Vienna, Virginia
- Data Scientist, Digital Machine Learning Vienna, Virginia, San Francisco, California, New York, New York
- Sr. Manager, Data Science, Digital Machine Learning Vienna, Virginia, San Francisco, California, New York, New York