The Capital One Data Ethics and Privacy Office team is looking to fill the position of Senior Manager, Process Management to support and enable the Data Ethics and Privacy Office
organization with implementing privacy controls and driving privacy awareness. This role will focus on building teams and developing processes to support consumer personal information
access and deletion requests as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other legal regimes, an enterprise-wide privacy by design function, and other data ethics and
privacy initiatives and projects. The role will report directly into Capital One’s Data Ethics and Privacy Office organization, while also regularly working and communicating with, and retaining guidance from other key
stakeholders in Capital One’s legal, risk and compliance functions. This individual will work directly with their Data Ethics and Privacy Office counterparts, business process specialists,
and leadership teams to guide and enable Data Ethics and Privacy Office to adopt privacy controls into business operations and maintain consistent data privacy practices. This role requires a mix of financial services industry acumen, privacy legal and regulatory requirement knowledge, and an ability to communicate and operationalize stated privacy requirements and corresponding controls. An ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, demonstrate domain competency with respect to data privacy, and be familiar with operationalizing global or regional processes.
● Serve as the main point of contact for the Data Ethics and Privacy Office for operational matters related to individual rights management and privacy by design.
● Drive privacy-related activities and operations within the Data Ethics and Privacy Office organization
● Serve as a trusted advisor for Data Ethics and Privacy Office colleagues and an intermediary between Data Ethics and Privacy Office stakeholders, local legal, compliance and risk teams for privacy-related operational activities
● Support Data Ethics and Privacy Office with building and sustaining privacy operations to keep pace with the rapidly evolving privacy regulatory landscape
● Promote privacy culture and awareness across Data Ethics and Privacy Office
● Support Capital One’s Privacy by Design process by providing feedback and guidance to Data Ethics and Privacy Office business process and system owners, including related to understanding and implementing recommended privacy controls
● Support Data Ethics and Privacy Office with completion of Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) for Data Ethics and Privacy Office business processes, including remediation of identified process risks
● Assist with responding to individual rights requests, including validating the identity of the requestor, confirming the request should be executed, triaging the request with appropriate Data Ethics and Privacy Office colleagues, responding to the requestor, etc.
● Compliance driven – ability to balance the needs of the business against stated privacy requirements and controls
● Strong business acumen – ability to understand the needs and concerns of business stakeholders and colleagues, and respond promptly and effectively to stakeholder requests
● Collaboration oriented – ability to reach consensus and collaborate across leadership and business groups
● Effective communicator – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business colleagues as well as legal counsel, other privacy Champions and stakeholder groups
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to interact effectively with professionals at all levels and communicate recommendations with diplomacy and tact
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 4 years of experience in financial services and privacy regulatory experience
● 5+ years of Project experience in the following: (policy and standards, risk management and reporting, and change management and adoption)
● 5+ years of experience with privacy laws, regulations and compliance requirements
● 3+ years of experience managing time sensitive projects
● 3+ years of experience with project management, process tracking or other workflow tools
● Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.