Sr. Manager, Mobile Software EngineeringApply now Job ID R75810 Updated date 05/15/2019 Location Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work at startup-speed while solving the company’s most pressing needs? Do you enjoy working with a high-performing team on highly visible projects where the CEO and Board takes interest in your work? Do you like the idea of being a change-agent in a company your family will recognize, working on cool new products that you would yearn to use?
If so: this is the job for you.
You will be a key member of the Digital Online Payments Engineering team (we also like the acronym). Our focus is to ideate, innovate, and create features, products, and platforms in response to emergent digital business opportunities.
Your team is passionate about moving the engineering needle by shipping quickly and with high quality. The team will solve key strategic technical problems in both iOS and Android, in partnership with our web teams.
The mobile teams are directly accountable to senior Digital Online Payments Engineering leadership and serve as part of a larger Digital Product Engineering technology organization, empowered to deliver delightful customer experiences in all digital channels (Desktop web, iOS, Android, Echo, IoT, etc..).
Digital Product Engineering is responsible for building the core digital payments experiences for Capital One, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Eno Virtual Numbers. Our award-winning products enables our 45 million customers to spend more securely and conveniently. We aim to push the envelope of Fin Tech innovation.
Our team is growing and we're looking for engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and work with team to implement in an efficient manner.
- Accelerate engineering teams to meet organizational strategy, goals, and key metrics
- Employ sound technical decisions, ensure teammates do the same through code-reviews, and exemplify sound Agile practices such as Test Driven Development.
- Identify, navigate, and overcome technical and organizational barriers that may stand in the way of delivery
- Inspire your team members through contributing toward a great culture and leading by example
- Influence outcomes by sharing your opinions, building relationships, and providing thought leadership where appropriate
- Constantly improve the processes and practices around development and delivery
- Recruit new engineering talent by representing the Capital One brand through local meetups, conference speaking, and public writing
- Coach and mentor other developers as needed to solidify best practices in code.
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
- At least 5 years of experience leading software delivery using Agile
- At least 5 years of experience delivering native software for iOS and Android applications
- At least 5 years of experience building software in a continuous integration environment
- Experience with running automated iOS and Android testing frameworks, including unit, instrumentation, and integration tests
- Experience working in a hands-on startup or rapid delivery project
- Experience using TDD practices
- Open source software contributions
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).