Senior Manager, Software EngineeringApply now Job ID R95606 Updated date 03/31/2020 Location Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering position with Capital One Services, LLC in Vienna, VA; Multiple positions available:
- Lead and direct overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple workstreams.
- Develop complex applications using REST APIs, AWS, Spring Boot, DevOps, CI/CD, and Docker.
- Write, design, test, implement, and debug software applications adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing, validation, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor software performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Own change management process for assigned configuration items.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
This position requires a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development. In lieu of a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Said or other experience must include at least six months of experience in: Coordinating work of others along multiple workstreams; presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; REST APIs; AWS; Spring Boot; DevOps; CI/CD; Docker. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company’s assessment.
Eligible for employee referral program.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).