Senior Automation Test EngineerApply now Job ID R60411 Updated date 11/14/2018 Location Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We innovate. We collaborate. We celebrate.
Do you want to help build innovative financial products that will disrupt the national market? Do you want to work with the best-in-class product and engineer teams? Do you want to better yourself to broaden and sharpen your craft? Come and join our awesome team.
- Work with product owners and software engineers to strategize test scenarios for various types of software systems and new product features
- Engineer test suites to validate various types of software applications including, but not limited to web UI, batch jobs, RESTful APIs, and web services.
- Identify software problems and their causes, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles and utilizing Automation Scripting, Protractor, Rest Assured web services automation, Java, ATDD, Agile, JIRA, Sauce labs, Jmeter, Jenkins CI/CD, & SOAP UI.
- Establish and maintain physical, virtual and test automation labs for effective automation execution.
- Working with the DevOps team to develop and enable continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for automation system components
- Document and communicate test results and system defects to stakeholders. Properly escalate risks to appropriate parties
- Share knowledge with fellow team members; mentor junior team members on test best practices
- Prepare how-to guides and process related artifacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in automated test driven development CI/CD
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- At least 3 years of experience with testing tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, Protractor, Source Labs, or Rest Assured
- At least 3 years of experience with PostgreSQL or AWS
- At least 1 year of experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Docker
- At least 1 year of experience with RESTful API's
- 1+ years of experience working in the cloud
- 1+ years of experience with Kafka
- 1+ years of experience developing Java or Angular applications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).