Senior Automation EngineerApply now Job ID R75813 Updated date 05/15/2019 Location Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work at startup-speed while solving the company’s most pressing needs? Do you enjoy working with a high-performing team on highly visible projects where the CEO and Board take interest in your work? Do you like the idea of being a change-agent in a company your family will recognize, working on cool new products that you would yearn to use?
If so: this is the job for you.
You will be a key member of the Digital Online Payments Engineering team (we also like the acronym). Our focus is to accelerate platform, feature, and infrastructure development in response to emergent digital business opportunities. Your team is passionate about moving the engineering needle by shipping quickly and with high quality. The team will solve key strategic technical problems using whatever language or platform is the best choice for that situation.
This full stack, multi-disciplinary team will be directly accountable to senior Digital Online Payments Engineering leadership. The team is part of a larger Digital Product Engineering technology organization empowered to deliver delightful customer experiences in all digital channels (Desktop web, iOS, Android, Echo, IoT, etc.).
Digital Product Engineering is responsible for building the core digital payments experiences for Capital One, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Eno Virtual Numbers. Our award-winning products enable our 45 million customers to spend more securely and conveniently. We aim to push the envelope of Fin Tech innovation.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior Automation Engineer who can lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Work with key members across teams to ensure clear documentation and understanding of the features for a release to support the creation of integrated test scenarios and test scripts.
- Work with key members of the System Team to understand potential integration issues with code, data and environments.
- Create the appropriate integrated test scenarios (test cases are built by impacted sprint teams with expected results) with input from the Product Management team.
- Work collaboratively with Application developers, business team and testing team to identify automation requirements in early stage, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions
- Manage automated testing artifacts to ensure proper reuse, versioning, backups, organization and retention,
- Coordinate across Sprint Teams during test execution and ensures results of tests are documented via standard QA Metrics, engages TCC.
- Consolidate issues found in integrated testing and works with Sprint Team Testers, Developers and other key resources to triage and validate issue resolution.
- Work with the Automation/Regression Test Lead to coordinate integrated regression testing as needed.
- Actively participate in S2, coordinates with Sprint Teams in planning and daily stand ups.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with resources at the Program and Team Levels to ensure transparency of testing intent
- Own Release Testing Strategy and schedule, provides status.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Testing or Development with cross-functional teams
- At least 1 year of experience with Selenium, Jasmine or Protractor
- Certified in Test Execution and or Development
- At least 2 years of experience testing financial systems
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certification
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).