Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R88388 Updated date 11/27/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Within the Digital Identity Services team, we are transforming our customer’s digital experiences by leveraging the power of Machine Learning. Our team is focused on working with our Data Science and Technology partners to identify, vet out, and then pursue the most complex problems that may be solved with Machine Learning within Capital One. Each day will require a discernible eye for where we can find the most leverage and where our teams’ talents will deliver the most value. This will all be done in an ambiguous setting that will require a Machine Learning (ML) Product Manager to proactively build and lead cross-functional relationships across myriad of teams and titles. We need rigorous, business-savvy, and technically minded product managers to join us along the way, who will obsess over providing the right insight at the right time so as to meaningfully impact our customers in every digital touchpoint with Capital One.
In this role, you’ll develop and hone skills in identifying ML use cases and have the opportunity to own these prioritized initiatives from ideation to delivery. You’ll be the lynchpin across many teams and will be the sole owner for clearly laying out the business value and defining measurements for your team’s success. We want you to be obsessive on the “why,” and to develop articulate stories on the “how.” You’ll also be expected to evangelize your teams progress and wins with senior stakeholders and should be well-versed in both the business and technical aspects of your products.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with teams from across the C1 organization to identify possible areas where Machine Learning may be a fit to solve complex business problems
- Use Design Thinking (or another, empathy-driven approach) best practices to develop clear use cases, problem statements, and business value
- Build domain expertise around Machine Learning application (e.g. classification, regression, clustering, deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.)
- Own the product roadmap and delivery for prioritized use cases that are identified
- Advocating for opportunities to improve the richness of our strategic data to help accelerate long term customer success
Characteristics we’re looking for:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Ability to proactively identify areas where we can leverage ML to solve difficult problems
- Excellent communication skills to engage an organization of multiple specialties, and tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a teamwork through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in Machine Learning
- Ability to prioritize across competing priorities and quickly changing landscape
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- A passion for compelling value-driven storytelling
- Strong customer-focused design thinking skills (internal and external)
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and ambiguous environment
- Experience delivering products in an enterprise environment
- Experience evaluating in-market performance of delivered product
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years in digital product management
- At least 1 year of working in an Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- MBA or Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of leading teams
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing and shipping Machine Learning based products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Technical Product Manager, Content Management Platform Vienna, Virginia
- Product Manager, Web Content Management Vienna, Virginia
- Sr. Manager, Data Science, Experimentation & Testing Vienna, Virginia
- Sr. Manager, Data Science, Personalization & Optimization Vienna, Virginia