Lead Software EngineerApply now Job ID R62550 Updated date 01/08/2019 Location Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate? The Team - Capital One is a diverse group working on multiple areas in the Identity and access management realm, cloud computing, software engineering, and general layered security in an enterprise. The project range from new and unique authentication methods used for multi-factor authentication and standard authentication to complete restructuring of frameworks and management of Identity, and identity verification. The team is a fast-paced movement group inside of Capital One that is creating a next generation of security products to modernize the Enterprise and provide the newest and best methods of securing our customers data.
What you will need to bring for this position:
• Experience leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products and prototypes.
• Exceptional management ability: Manage software engineering team to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment.
• Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions.
• Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent.
• Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving.
• Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
• Intellectual curiosity.
• Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies.
• Insatiable hunger to learn and code on new technologies.
• Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers.
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
• Manage design and architecture of Identity application/software development to deliver technology systems in support of business assessment
Manage design and best practices of a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions
• Strong understanding of OAuth 2.0. OIDC and knowledge on FIDO.
• Front End Skills: Java Script (jQuery, dojo)/CSS/HTML, Single Page Applications (AngularJS, React), Responsive Design
• Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, etc), NodeJS, Database (Postgress, MySQL, etc)
• DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Chef, Docker, Ansible, Kubernates
• Testing: Automated Regression/Functional Testing and Performance.
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
• DB/Data Platforms: Kafka, Spark, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD/Spring Batch
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
• At least 4 years of experience leading software engineering teams.
• At least 6 years of experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies.
• At least 7 years of experience in software development and Agile practices.
• At least 3 years of experience with AWS or Cloud Technology
• Master’s Degree
• At least 5 years of experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
• At least 3 years of experience leading Identity and Access Management Teams
• At least 3 years of experience with Provisioning/Deprovisioning and Identity Lifecycle Management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).