Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R87318 Updated date 11/15/2019
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is looking for a Product Manager to further differentiate its mobile products. You will have the opportunity to join our Digital team, leading engineers and designers in building award winning mobile applications and tools. Successful candidates will be comfortable delving into technical topics, producing thoughtful analysis, and presenting to a wide range of executive stakeholders. The Digital Product team is leading the way on Capital One’s digital-first banking agenda and you will contribute in many roles to help realize that vision. You will conceptualize, define and deliver the foundation of Capital One’s mobile applications, bridging the gap between business and engineering.
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance mobile features. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth.
- Collaborate and work closely with internal partners. From software engineering, UX/UI, and analytics, you will be fostering relationships with coworkers across the company to support their efforts while delivering digital features and mobile applications at scale.
- Analyze user feedback and data from the existing digital platform and combine these insights with market analysis to drive product strategy.
- Advocate for the latest cloud, mobile, and software patterns that are relevant to establishing Capital One as a leader in technology-driven finance.
- Define product direction, prioritize and manage features that will deliver best of class experiences for Capital One consumers.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- A deep understanding mobile best practices, and how these can be leveraged to drive customer engagement
- Proven track record in delivering products that generate substantial value
- High level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
- Can collaboratively drive teams and stakeholders with disparate goals
- Communication skills, be able to present to executive management often and in a compelling manner that emphasizes the important intersection of business and technology
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 2 year of experience working with mobile engineering teams defining and building products
- At least 3 years of Agile product management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in building or managing digital products in iOS and Android
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Senior Director, UX Design Richmond, Virginia, Vienna, Virginia
- Manager, Product Management Vienna, Virginia
- Senior Associate Product Manager Vienna, Virginia
- Business Manager - B2B Payments & Product Strategy Vienna, Virginia, New York, New York