Senior Software EngineerApply now Job ID R64807 Updated date 01/14/2019 Location Tysons Corner, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a Software Engineer of Enterprise Productivity Development Team at Capital One, you’ll be responsible for creating native enterprise mobile apps for Capital One employees. Our enterprise productivity development team uses native iOS and Android to build compelling user experiences that range from employee social platforms and data visualization apps to task-specific tools related to specific internal processes. Our team uses all native languages, Swift and Xcode for iOS & Java or Kotlin and Android Studio to rapidly iterate our products and deliver new features on a regular cadence. We’re looking for flexible developers with well-rounded experience in creating mobile apps to help our team develop modern apps for the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience developing native iOS/Android apps using Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- At least 3 years of experience developing RESTful APIs using Node.js or another open source API framework
- At least 3 years of experience with automated testing and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience working within an Agile development environment within a team of distributed developers
- At least 3 years of experience deploying and managing web cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- 5+ deployed mobile apps demonstrating well-rounded mobile experience
- 3+ years of experience developing modern web user interfaces using Angular, Reactive, and other modern front-end tools.
- 3+ years of experience with Airwatch MDM platform and Android for Work
- 3+ years of experience working with Mobile Device Management solutions and other enterprise mobile management tools
- An active portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).