Senior Software EngineerApply now Job ID R64921 Updated date 01/10/2019 Location Tysons Corner, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work
Principal Associate - .Net Developer
Our Identity and Access Management department is currently seeking qualified individuals to help transform our Privileged Access Management into a fully cloud integrated operation. There are a lot of new objectives to be tackled in the coming years around moving into the cloud, working to manage Enterprise SSH Keys, and redesigning our Enterprise bastion host solution, among others. Come help us achieve these goals in a fun, fast-paced, and rewarding team environment.
- Lead a development team of five responsible for the continual development of several Capital One Identity and Access Management systems and applications.
- Lead teams to enhance performance and achieve targets; identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness; measure and track performance.
- Support enterprise-wide compliance with enterprise standards, processes and policies.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Think out of the box and develop creative solutions with current products and their capabilities to solve business and functional needs
- High School Diploma, GED or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in .Net development
- At least 5 years of experience with MVC for Web applications
- At least 5 years of experience in building and deploying applications in Docker
- At least 5 years of experience implementing and building stacks in AWS, including deploying Docker containers
- Knowledge of Network concepts (Firewalls, IP, etc)
- At least 2 years of experience with CyberArk
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).