Software Engineer in TestApply now Job ID R40108 Updated date 01/05/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer in Test
We’re a software studio that happens to be at Capital One®. We love open-source and working with the latest technologies. We build digital solutions to simplify and humanize the world of credit cards for millions of Canadians.
Big challenges, casual workplace. The compensation and benefits are pretty good too!
As a member of one of our great agile teams, you’ll be responsible for designing, coding, testing and delivering solutions that benefit both our customers and all Canadians in general.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be involved in:
- Leading the test effort for agile teams
- Developing automated test scripts
- Designing the best solutions and build pipelines
- Working with developers and business teams to define solutions
- Sharing tools, processes and culture within development team
- Crafting awesome experiences for millions of users
- Doing epic work with great cross-functional teams
- Owning it. From your desktop to the cloud
- Sharing what you know, learning from others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems
- At least 2 years of experience in test automation using Selenium
- At least 2 years of experience with cross-browser testing
- At least 1 year of experience with REST APIs or SOAP API
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration
- 2+ years of experience with mobile testing
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience with performance testing
- 2+ years of experience with databases (SQL Server, NoSQL, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 or MongoDB)
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).