Software Engineer (Data)Apply now Job ID R39176 Updated date 07/05/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
· Utilize a variety of languages and tools to build data pipelines to pull together information from different data sources
· Design, Construct, Test and Maintain highly scalable data management systems
· Clean, Prepare and Optimize data for consumption
· Integrate data management technologies and software engineering tools into data management systems.
· Bachelors Degree
· At least 5 years of software development experience coding in Java, Python,
· At least 3 years of experience in data analysis, data warehousing and data processing
· At least 2 years of experience using Scala
· At least 2 years of experience with NoSQL systems
· At least 2 years of experience with SPARK and KAFKA
· 3+ years experience with PostgreSQL
· 3+ years of experience in systems design, algorithms, and distributed systems.
· 1+ year experience Agile development methodologies
· 1+ year Experience with AWS cloud services
· 1+ year Experience with Highly Scalable systems
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).