Senior Risk and Accounting SpecialistApply now Job ID R41210 Updated date 01/30/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Risk & Accounting Specialist, Canada Card Controller
Does the idea of working with professional, highly trained accountants inspire you? Are you an accounting professional with an audit or risk background who demonstrated ability to work well in teams, develop new ideas, and take ownership of your projects? Would you like the opportunity to individually contribute to the team, along with the opportunity to grow into a leader? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded, all while having a work-life balance? If so, opportunities for professional and personal fulfilment in a dynamic, progressive organization await you at Capital One!
As a Senior Risk & Accounting Specialist in Canada Card Controller’s, you will have dynamic responsibilities associated with Capital One’s risk management, month-end closing, interactions with multiple areas associated with the Credit Card Business and Risk Management, and participate in projects for our growth oriented organization.
- Work with colleagues in the Risk Department to increase awareness of risk management across all teams
- Be the Risk point of contact for the Canada Controller’s team
- Support business continuity plan owners in developing and maintaining their plans and act as the Business Continuity representative
- Own and drive the process excellence agenda for the Finance Risk Office
- Manage key reporting
- Help to facilitate Risk Management Governance activities
- Perform accounting related processes including reporting and analysis
- Ensure accounting practices and documentation procedures are performed in accordance with accounting and governance policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or Audit
- Previous experience in Internal or External Audit or previous experience of risk management
- Experience of Controls development or review
- Some experience of liaising effectively and influencing colleagues of all levels
- 2 year of experience in Personal computer skills and general financial system knowledge, with particular emphasis on PeopleSoft general ledger, Excel and other MS Office software
- Project Management experience preferred
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).