Senior Financial AnalystApply now Job ID R44453 Updated date 03/16/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst Associate:
The Canada Finance team is responsible for the planning, forecasting and analysis of the financial performance of Capital One’s Canada business. The person in this role will work with Customer Experience business partners to provide financial support to ensure the business can meet its long-term efficiency goals.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for areas ranging from Call Centre, Headcount, Card Production, Loss Mitigation, Fraud Operations and other US based allocated expenses
- Monthly outlook and reporting process: The candidate will be responsible for conducting monthly reporting analysis and providing analytical commentary. The candidate will be working closely with Customer Experience business partners and finance teams to bring together the analysis for senior executive presentations and reporting packages.
- Planning & forecasting:Leveraging business relationships and historical trends to drive short-term forecasts and longer-term budgets.
- Strategic Projects: Lead key cost projects for Canada. Work with stakeholders to identify and drive efficiency opportunities for the business. Examples of projects would include benchmarking analytics, Tableau reporting, business case development and tracking, process redesign and future acquisitions.
What you’re bringing to the table:
- High energy levels and be proactive in anticipating demands from business partners and identifying areas of opportunity for process improvements
- Strong sense of teamwork and commitment to deliver high quality, timely results
- Able to work independently via strong analytical and problem solving skills while also having the ability to build solid relationships with business partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines on an ongoing basis
- High degree of flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and demands of business partners
- Create an environment that fosters innovation and automation
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Essbase (Smartview Hyperion), Tableau and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- At least 2 years of experience in FP&A
- At least 1 year of Financial Analyst experience in the Financial Services
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- At least 1 year experience in programming language such as Python
- CPA completion or desire to be supported for CPA
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).