Senior Business ManagerApply now Job ID R38710 Updated date 12/01/2017 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Senior Manager, Business Analysis at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead a team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior. A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. The ability to blend deep consumer and market insights with technology to bring new products or experiences to our customers. He/she will work closely with our User Lab, Innovation Hub and Tech teams to change the way Capital One delivers value to Canadian consumers.
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, and P&L accountability for a business segment. Strategic planning with a 6-24 month horizon. Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product analysis and strategy. Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- People leadership: Manage and develop a cross functional team of analysts, marketing and operations. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One. Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting or product manager experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 3+ years of experience in quantitative or qualitative analysis
• At least 2+ year of experience in people management
• Master’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 3+ years of experience in people management
• 3+ years of experience in product development
• 3+ years of experience in financial modeling or economic forecasting
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).