Scrum MasterApply now Job ID R39321 Updated date 12/15/2017 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Scrum Master your key responsibilities will include:
- Coaching the team in agile best practices including self-organization and cross-functionality
- Removing impediments to the team's progress to its sprint commitments
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Enacting change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Coaching the team and helping to lead in organizational environments in which scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work .- Leading the team to maintain a sustainable pace
- Supporting techniques for effective Product Backlog management
- Creates forum for communicating vision, goals, and Product Backlog items to the team
- Supporting and crystallizing the team to create clear and concise Backlog items
- Understanding long-term product planning
- Leading and coaching the organization in its scrum adoption
- Assisting with scrum adoption within the organization
- Helping associates and stakeholders understand and enact scrum in their lines of business
- Identify, manage, help mitigate project issues and risks .- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
- Compliance with Capital One policies for project delivery
A successful Scrum Master will:
- Collaborate and partner within and beyond one's team; builds productive relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (Stakeholders, Executives)
- Motivate and model open communication to help surface issues for faster resolution
- Be able to remove obstacles for the team or to direct obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Provide perspective to the team and keeps team focused on critical deliverables and tasks
- Possess the ability to work with and influence wide range of stakeholders across roles and levels (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.)
- Have experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Possess good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma
- At least 3 Years of Scrum Master experience
- At least 3 years experience in software delivery
- Scrum Master Certification
- Masters Degree
- 5 years+ of Scrum Master experience
- 5 years+ of software delivery experience in large enterprise organization
- 3 years+ experience with multiple Agile practice frameworks
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).