Project Manager (Junior)Apply now Job ID R49120 Updated date 06/05/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager (Junior)
Canada Partnerships is looking for a driven, results focused Project Coordinator to join our team in the delivery of a highly complex program. The successful candidate will assist the program team with day-to-day program activities including tracking decisions, milestones & deliverables. They will be responsible for coordinating regular governance reporting, scheduling and documentation / management of project artifacts.
- Manage Information - Maintain database and provide reporting for review. Develop metrics for areas of responsibility. Share data/information collected with other groups within the department.
- Project Coordination - Identify risks to on-time, on-budget performance within scope of responsibilities.
- Monitor and Evaluate Processes - Ensure the established/approved processes for workstream are being followed and improved as business requirements change. Track milestones and deliverables.
- Drive Process Improvements - Identify and implement improvements to work processes. Create, document and distribute reports to stakeholders.
- Administrative Responsibilities - Calendar management, scheduling meetings, coordinate team and departmental events.
- Post-Secondary Education
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- 2-3 years work experience, preferably in a financial-services institution
- Process Management, Agile
- MS Office, JIRA
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills
- High attention to detail and passion for quality
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and act quickly
- Self-starter, accepts ownership, must be capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver, leans into challenges and seeks to provide clarity in ambiguous situations
- Reliable and ability to work independently and efficiently in a team environment
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).