Payroll ManagerApply now Job ID R49265 Updated date 06/04/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing a team of payroll associates and day to day payroll operations. The leader will make an impact in driving our payroll strategy and ensuring compliance with applicable payroll legislation and regulations. The Payroll Manager will collaborate and partner with the Canada HR team; enterprise HR teams; local Legal and Risk functions and external vendors to define and deliver associate programs. The role requires a blend of skills including: strategic thinker, team leader and an operational guru.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring a compliant and timely bi-weekly payroll (1000+ associates) that results in client and associate satisfaction
- Responsible for ensuring all internal audit processes and procedures are in place to support payroll and data integrity
- Provides direction to the payroll team as required to streamline processes, improve functionality and create efficiencies
- Represent the payroll function for internal and external audits
- Create and maintain process documentation to ensure audit readiness
- Executes manager level audits and approval for the biweekly pay
- Drives process improvement ideas and execution
- Ensure that the Canada HR vendors deliver a cost effective, accurate, customer-aligned, and timely service that supports the HR strategy and meets the organizational and external risk management requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of payroll and applicable legislation to ensure compliance
- Manages the reconciliation and preparation of T-4s and other year-end activities
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to a team of payroll professionals
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience in Payroll or Human Resources Operations
- At least 1 year of experience leading/managing a team
- At least 1 year of experience working in a payroll systems software application
- At least 1 year of experience with time and labor software
- At least 1 year of experience with case management systems
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
- Associates degree
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- CPP (US) certification or CPM (CAN) certification or CHRP (CAN) certification
- Process certification Six Sigma Lean methodologies certification
- 1+ years of experience working in a payroll systems software application
- 1+ years of experience with time and labor software
- 1+ years of experience with case management systems
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).