Payroll AssociateApply now Job ID R48952 Updated date 05/31/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are hiring for a Payroll System Administrator to focus on processing hourly payroll for 600+ associates. This role will be responsible for working closely with our Scheduling team along with our payroll vendor to ensure that our associates are supported and paid accurately. This position is an integral part of the Payroll Department and requires an enthusiastic candidate in the field of payroll administration as well as an aptitude for accuracy, process improvements and organization.
- Perform payroll department operations including processing payroll, retroactive payments, garnishments, and ensuring compliance with company policies and legislation with a specific focus on our hourly associates
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Collaborate with multiple business teams internally and externally to the organization
- Solve or improve configuration issues either from break/fix tickets for enhancement requests including testing and documentation of changes
- Recommend and own process improvements to enhance our ability to accurately process pay
- Provide helpful customer service to associates that reach out with inquiries
- Participate in payroll projects and opportunities as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in Payroll
- Experience with ADP eTime, ADP GlobalView and/or Workday a plus
- Fluently bilingual, spoken and written (English & French)
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation from the Canadian Payroll Association
- Experience with ADP’s GlobalView or similar payroll system
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality to payroll and other employee personal information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced skills with Excel
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).