Manager, UX DesignApply now Job ID R34309 Updated date 09/07/2017 Location North York, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
It’s an exciting time to join Capital One! We have embarked on customer experience transformation and the design team plays a key role in the success of this transformation. Customer experience isn’t a flavor of the month, it’s becoming the core of everything that we do. We want to change banking for good. This means defying industry expectations and meeting real human needs.
Capital One is highly invested in growing our design and research capability. Our team has we have seen significant expansion over the last year – bringing together a team of strategists, designers and researchers. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow in emerging areas such as service design. And there’s no better way than to learn through the experts at Adaptive Path – a design consultancy acquired by Capital One in 2014.
With large-scale projects currently underway, including our website and mobile app, you’ll play an important role in driving our digital agenda forward. Are you ready to join a great team at a great company and grow your career? We’re looking for talented people like you!
As the UX Design leader, you’ll:
- Lead, coach and inspire a high performing team of UX designers
- Create end-to-end design solutions on various platforms including iOS, Android, and web
- Collaborate with design strategy to ideate, define the intent and align your team’s designs to the strategy and insights
- Partner with the research team to understand and uncover customer insights
- Iterate and test your team’s designs with real users through our UserLab
- Use data, both qualitative and quantitative, to inform and optimize your team’s designs
- Ensure technically feasible solutions working closely with technical teams
- Monitor project health and keep both the design team and greater project team on track
- Promote design and share knowledge across the organization
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have a strong sense of design and enjoy creating simple, clean and delightful experiences
- Have a track record of leading teams successfully through various phases of design
- Be able to design in various mediums and levels of fidelity
- View design solutions with a strategic lens taking into consideration the overarching customer experience, strategic frameworks, product portfolio, roadmap, etc. in order to deliver and drive value for both customers and the business
- Have the ability to translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes and communicate your vision through your artifacts
- Enjoy storytelling to share your work and be able to influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Believe in continuous improvement in people/process/workflow/tools
What would make you a good fit:
- Collaborative / team player
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong technical acumen and a love for technology
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate and find creative ways to solve problems
- Comfortable taking initiative and making decisions
- Passionate about improving people's lives
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant program such as UX Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, etc.
· At least 5 years of experience in user experience or digital design related roles
· At least 5 years design management experience or at least of 3 years in Project Management
· Hands-on experience with Sketch, Invision, Framer, Adobe Creative Suite and other current design and prototyping tools in the market
· 3-5 years of experience with a digital product & services organization
· Certification from an accredited organization such as Human Factors International or Akendi
· Experience in an Agile environment
TBLICapital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).