Internal Communications AssociateApply now Job ID R33811 Updated date 08/30/2017
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Talented teams drive our organization forward through ideas and innovation and sharing of success and accomplishments, each step of the way.
In addition to being voted "One of the Best Places to Work" in Canada, Capital One offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for associates.
If you’ve been looking for a different kind of company then you’ve come to the right place. At Capital One, you’ll find energized, positive people all working together to accomplish one goal – customer satisfaction. With many opportunities to develop new skills and great benefits like educational assistance available, you’ll wonder what took you so long to get here.
About the Role:
As a Communications Associate on the Internal Communications Team, you will play a key role in keeping the executive and associate population inspired, engaged and informed. You will be responsible for developing and implementing internal communications in support of business functions and product and initiative launches. You will additionally create and regularly deliver on engagement programs, provide counsel to senior leaders on communication practices and manage internal distribution channels. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment where every day is different.
- Develop communication strategies to support key initiatives and programs, with a focus on increasing employee engagement.
- Develop key communications staples, including core messaging, talking points, internal articles; create content such as blogs, emails, etc. in leaders’ voice.
- Develop and distribute internal communications for a variety of channels, including speeches, presentations, intranet articles and announcements.
- Provide strategic communications support to the Human Resources team to plan and execute communications that inform, motivate and engage employees.
- Provide strategic communication counsel to senior leaders and support the business with expert service.
- Work closely with the Human Resources and key business leaders at various divisions to develop communication programs for organizational changes
- Proactively build and manage relationships with key stakeholders across a range of levels, business functions and geographies.
- Ensure regular delivery of key communications through new and existing channels.
- Oversee the project management, materials development and execution of large internal communications initiatives including town halls and online events.
- Measure the impact of communication efforts post-implementation and adjust as necessary.
- Develop insight from research efforts that allows the organization to stay ahead of employee communications needs
- Stay up-to-date on employee communications best practices and use survey results and senior management feedback to fine-tune current channels and develop new ones that add value.
- Highly motivated – willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, even in situations where the work is outside of the scope of your respective role.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to translate complicated issues into a clear point of view, and create a compelling and concise and well-written narrative.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication & influencing skills.
- Demonstrated success developing creative and effective approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment within narrow time-frames.
- Proven experience in building relationships with senior management.
- Deep focus and ability to pay manage details and delivery against timelines.
- Client-focused, motivated, proactive, forward-thinking, organized and diplomatic.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and manage projects efficiently.
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and would also be an asset.
· Bachelor’s degree or military experience
· At least 5 years of experience in Public Relations or 5 years of experience in Corporate Communications
· 7 years of work experience in Public Relations or 7 years of experience in Corporate Communications
· Experience with blog building or corporate intranet managementCapital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).