HR Business PartnerApply now Job ID R41986 Updated date 02/08/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
HR Business Partner, Capital One Canada
Location: Toronto, Canada
Talented teams drive our organization forward through ideas and innovation and sharing of success and accomplishments, each step of the way.
In addition to being voted "One of the Best Places to Work" in Canada, Capital One offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for associates.
If you’ve been looking for a different kind of company, then you’ve come to the right place. At Capital One, you’ll find energized, positive people all working together to accomplish one goal – customer satisfaction. With many opportunities to develop new skills and great benefits like educational assistance available, you’ll wonder what took you so long to get here.
The HR Business Partner will participate and/or lead on select projects and programs within HR and/or that are cross-functional in nature. The HRBP will partner with the Associate Relations Specialist on AR issues, exit interviews, etc. and partners with HR operations and functional teams to resolve escalated HR service issues/questions (e.g., payroll, compensation, benefits) as well with Recruitment and Payroll and Benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide HR Consulting to senior leaders of assigned client groups
- Coordinate HR work streams on key business projects (integrations, redeployments)
- Coordinate HR processes for business line (performance management, all associate survey)
- Partner with associate relations specialist on AR escalated issues
- Handle escalated HR questions/issues regarding compensation, benefits, or other HR services
- Partner with managers to interpret and implement HR policies, practices, and procedures
- Drive engagement, culture and change management initiatives during company transition
- Partner with Payroll and Recruitment Team on issues related to these areas
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with cross-functional business groups and partner organizations (e.g. Associate Relations, Communication, Compensation
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- At least 5 years of experience within a HR Consultant role or at least 5 years of experience within a HR Business Partner role
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience or at least 3 years of Process Management experience or at least 3 years of Program Management experience
- Bilingual (English and French) capabilities – verbal and written
- Master’s degree
- CHRL (Certified Human Resources Leader) designation
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).