DevOps/Systems EngineerApply now Job ID R40355 Updated date 01/10/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Systems Engineer at Capital One you will be working on a DevOps/Systems team in a continuous integration, deployment, and automation environment. You will be deeply involved with the design and build process of our next generation of customer-facing applications and underlying infrastructure. We are looking for a candidate who is highly self-motivated, can independently troubleshoot technical issues, explore new and emerging technologies, and work with a team of engineers to build an amazing product that will be used by millions of customers each day. If you enjoy tackling tough problems, building scalable systems, and working with other great engineers in a highly collaborative environment then we want to talk to you!
• Design and build high-performing applications and infrastructure that will enable a continuous deployment and delivery pipeline
• Develop reusable, scalable, and testable automation scripts and tools for routine and repetitive tasks
• Conduct performance tuning and capacity planning activities across an entire infrastructure stack
• Troubleshoot and expeditiously resolve escalated software and infrastructure related issues and challenges
• Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools and technologies
• Advocate DevOps best practices and mentor engineers across the company and within the local community
• At least 4 years of experience building a multi-tier infrastructure stack designed for a mission critical application
• At least 4 years of hands-on experience managing Linux, bare-metal, and virtual machines
• At least 2 years of experience working in a continuous integration and continous delivery environment
• At least 1 year of experience working in a public cloud
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
• Hands-on experience with configuration management tools
• Experience with Git
• Experience using continuous integration and build tools like Jenkins or Maven
• Working experience configuring and deploying applications to AWS
• Experience in a variety of open source database technologies
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).