Data Engineer: Marketing Campaign ExecutionApply now Job ID R50320 Updated date 06/20/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
To be a leading technology company, Capital One is moving fast in campaign modernization. As a Capital One® Data Engineer specialized on marketing campaign integration, your goal is to leverage advanced technical and process tools to achieve marketing campaign efficiency and quality in cloud-based platforms. Capital One’s focus on becoming a digital leader and customer advocate creates new opportunities at the intersection of process excellence and Big Data technology. To succeed requires rigorous logical thinking, adaptability, and exceptional teamwork. Your work will be critical in helping Capital One achieve its mission to “Change Banking for Good.” You would want to join us because we are the "Best Workplaces in Canada" and "Canada's Top Employers for Young People”.
If you have the following…we want to hear from you:
- Ability to shape and develop requirements into practical solutions in new IT platforms.
- Ability to clearly explain technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with databases and knowledge of how they can be used.
- Experience in marketing campaign execution, including segmentation and/or list producing.
- Proficient in SQL and Python.
- Experience with AWS cloud services. Knowledge on SPARK and KAFKA is a bonus.
- Excellent attention to details and creative in issues resolution.
- Proactive approach to identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Collaborative partnership skills for working with various points of contact and teams. Experience in Agile is a bonus.
Here are some examples of projects that you may work on as a Marketing Campaign Data Engineer:
- Gather requirements to system integration and design data solutions for a high-performing marketing campaign process
- Develop tools for marketing campaign process improvements using cloud-based technology
- Design and execute customer experience focused execution plans for complex business strategies
- Monitor, investigate and solve potential issues in the campaign execution process
- Identify process improvements and deliver on them
What you get in return:
- Opportunity to learn and be the champion of cutting edge technologies including data mining and engineering on AWS platform
- Opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 organization that actively supports and benefits the community
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes: competitive base salary, short and long term incentives, annual merit review, and insurance coverage starting day one
- The things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, Employee Assistance Program and Tuition Reimbursement
- A commitment to employee career planning and development
We want you to be one of us if you are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea.
- A do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you’ve shipped and what’s flopped.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You are eager to learn new tools and you can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 3+ year of experience with SQL and Python
- 3+ year of experience with AWS cloud serviced
- 3+ years of experience in marketing campaigns
- At least 1 year working in an Agile management environment
- Master's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with SPARK and KAFKA
- 3+ years of Agile management experience
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).