Data Analyst: Marketing CampaignsApply now Job ID R50550 Updated date 06/26/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Analyst: Marketing Campaigns
As a Capital One® Data Analyst specialized on marketing campaign execution, your goal is to leverage advanced technical and process tools to achieve efficiency and quality in marketing campaigns. Capital One’s focus on becoming a digital leader and customer advocate creates new opportunities at the intersection of process excellence and Big Data technology. To succeed requires rigorous logical thinking, adaptability, and exceptional teamwork. Your work will be critical in helping Capital One achieve its mission to “Change Banking for Good.” You would want to join us because we are the "Best Workplaces in Canada" and "Canada's Top Employers for Young People”.
If you have the following…we want to hear from you:
- Experience with leading transformational initiatives
- Experience with building customer centric automation tools
- Experience with customer journey mapping
- Experience in marketing campaign execution, including segmentation and/or list producing.
- Expert in SQL and Python, with experience in AWS.
- Passion in continuous improvements via automation and tools development.
- Excellent attention to details and creative in issues resolution.
- Ability to shape and develop requirements into practical solutions.
- Ability to clearly explain technical terms to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with databases and knowledge of how they can be used.
- Collaborative partnership skills for working with various points of contact and teams.
Here are some examples of projects that you may work on as a Marketing Campaign Data Analyst:
- Lead 1 or more of the following initiatives:
- Customer Management Modernization (platform changes for our marketing campaigns)
- Self-Serve Automation
- Statistical Campaign Testing (ie. AB testing)
- Consult and design execution plans for business strategies
- Execute marketing campaigns for all Capital One Canada portfolios
- Provide post campaign monitoring. Investigate and solve potential issues
What you get in return:
- Your choice of hardware - latest MacBook Pro or HP EliteBook
- Travel to a conference of your choice annually (senior+) - PyCon, PyData, AWS re:Invent, KDD, etc.
- $5000/yr education budget
- Flexible work hours, dress code and environment
- A commitment to employee career planning and development
We want you to be one of us if you are:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea.
- A do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you’ve shipped and what’s flopped.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You are eager to learn new tools and you can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience working with Python
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- Master's Degree
- 5+ years of experience working with Python
- 3+ years of experience working in marketing campaigns
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).