Corporate Social Responsibility ManagerApply now Job ID R34141 Updated date 09/06/2017
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
This is an exciting 1 year contract role leading the development and execution of a company-wide strategic corporate social responsibility (CSR) practice. This person will ensure that Capital One's CSR efforts enhance business performance and supports the long-term interests of the company, our clients, and strengthens the communities in which we live and work. This role is both internal and external facing, ensuring the company has a leading edge CSR program
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications & CSR, this role will provide exposure to various aspects of the business and first-hand experience of how CSR intersects with business operations and internal/external engagement. The mandate will focus on maintenance and incremental growth of Capital One’s existing CSR and proactively attracting new partnerships.
- Develop the CSR strategy for Capital One Canada and determine how it aligns with the company’s vision.
- Work cross-functionally collaborating with the company’s internal groups (i.e. Creative, PR, Internal Communications and Marketing) to develop a coordinated CSR plan and ensure our programs are key brand and reputation drivers for Capital One.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert; enhance and implement the CSR strategy by including researching emerging trends and presenting opportunities for additional partnerships, and participating as required in meetings with external organizations.
- Assure that all CSR and sustainability initiatives are implemented and aligned with the company’s Risk Management program and strategic plan.
- Build effective partnerships with external organizations to support CSR and sustainability efforts.
- Partner with the internal communications team to help increase employee engagement in CSR initiatives.
- Draft executive community-related talking points for internal and external audiences
- Promote volunteer impact through consistent messaging and creative storytelling techniques
- Lead the planning and execution of various CSR events including Gift the Code and Enactus, including managing relationships with external vendors.
- Assist and guide various internal associates who are charity ‘relationship managers’ with the delivery of initiatives.
- Engage associates to volunteer and help bring CSR events to life.
- Manage the CSR budget.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- At least 5 years’ experience in event management in a corporate environment.
- Excellent writing, communications and digital skills.
- Able to articulate the ROI of corporate social responsibility programming to associates
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, partnership building and relationship skills
- Demonstrated experience in achieving “win-win,” measurable outcomes through corporate-community partnerships
- Ability to make connections between projects and initiatives while advancing innovation that differentiates our outcomes
- Strong networking skills. Easily builds and maintains relationships with internal and external Stakeholders at all levels; comfortably and strategically leverages relationships
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask. Experience managing large scale events and activities with multiple partners
- Skills in leading teams and committees to achieve local goals. Ability to design and implement effective work plans and to delegate to and motivate volunteers
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).