Compliance Testing AnalystApply now Job ID R41300 Updated date 02/13/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Compliance Testing Analyst
Locations Toronto, Ontario
North York (93006), Canada, North York, Toronto, Ontario,
We’re moving downtown! We’ll be headed to 161 Bay Street in June 2018!
About Capital One
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based financial technology company. We are on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
About Capital One Canada
Capital One is more than you think. We’ve been in Canada for over 20 years, and have supported millions of Canadians with their credit needs. We are passionate about helping our communities keep up and succeed in this rapidly-changing world. At Capital One Canada we are building an environment that celebrates diverse talent and nurtures the leaders of tomorrow. Oh yeah, and we’re consistently listed on the Best Places to Work in Canada!
About the Compliance Team
As a Compliance Testing Analyst at Capital One, you’ll be part of our Audit Testing team that will value your perspective, and you’ll be encouraged to effectively challenge the business unit stakeholders on ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Check out who you could be working with:
On any given day, you’ll be:
- Execute compliance reviews of customer transactions and communications to ensure that processes are operating in adherence to regulations Review and effectively communicate potential findings with business areas
- Identify key risks, analyze drivers which could influence risk approach to testing, and root causes of regulatory issues
- Opportunity to work with data scientist and explore for creative ways to approach testing of transactions/controls to check for potential regulatory issues
- Analyze drivers which could influence risk approach to testing
The ideal Candidate will be:
- Curious – you ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to challenge. You possess a practical business sense and a solution focused approach
- A Wrangler – you learn how to navigate the organization and can adapt to change
- A coach, and not a referee. You are a strong relationship builder who has experience with influencing and consulting with a diverse group of business stakeholders.
- Able to thrive in an agile, fast paced environment
- Autonomous, and happy to not be micromanaged
- $5,000/ year education budget
- Competitive RSP match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Leave your suit behind, we encourage comfortable attire
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree
- At least 3 years of experience working in a compliance, legal, or audit role
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidates who are bilingual (English and French) will be preferred
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills
- Analytical skills and good judgment are extremely important
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and in a team environment
- Willingness to continuously upgrade skills and keep informed of compliance and regulatory changes and policy updates through ongoing completion of education programs, and attending seminars and training sessions provided internally and externally
- At least 3 years of experience working in a highly-regulated industry and/or financial services
- At least 3 years of experience working with Canadian banking legislation, laws, industry standards, and regulations as they apply to the financial services sector
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).