Business Manager- MarketingApply now Job ID R51744 Updated date 07/12/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One Canada is a data-driven tech company that just happens to do credit cards. We focus on customer-first solutions, and we’re united with this common goal. We have all the advantages of a startup, with the resources of a big company. In our dynamic, agile environment, you’ll be encouraged to have ownership over your own work, with ample opportunity for career movement and advancement. We will nurture your career and help you grow.
Our office is designed to foster collaboration and innovation. A quick walk around this place will reveal a lot of whiteboards and enough Post-It Notes to be meaningful to 3M’s bottom line. We have a business casual dress code because we believe our associates will do their best work when they’re feeling like themselves.
Description of Team:
The Canada Marketing Strategy team is responsible for direct response marketing across digital marketing channels (paid search, display / social and affiliates) and direct mail. Our team uses data and analysis to maximize the profitability of our marketing given the lifetime value of the customers we’re acquiring. We have a testing oriented team culture from testing new messaging strategies to new ad platforms. We’re a fully in house marketing team and work directly with publisher partners. This role will lead our digital direct response marketing including the potential for people leadership.
- Ability to complete a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively suggests and takes on additional scope
- Takes on and brings clarity to complex white space projects
- Builds relationships in organization to complete work
- Willingness to make tradeoffs and optimize beyond immediate team and role
- Helping prioritize initiatives on team based on value including ability to deprioritize work where appropriate
- Influencing at more senior levels through clear communication
- Communicating with other teams / stakeholders work being done within the team including any need for help
- Experience communicating with external vendors
- Experience coaching others and being sought out to do this
- Helping ensure quality of work of others on the team including critical feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- At least 3 years of digital direct response marketing experience
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Exceptional analytical skills including the demonstrated ability to pull own data (e.g. from SQL), analyze this data, draw insights and recommend actions
- Exceptional communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate complicated analysis and influence others
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).