Accounting AssociateApply now Job ID R51589 Updated date 07/10/2018 Location Toronto, Ontario
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
This role is responsible for supporting the monthly accounting and settlement processes. This role is responsible for the month end close process, partner reporting, IFRS reporting, and will provide accounting support to the Canada line of business for day-to-day operations as well as projects and initiatives.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial close material to present to Finance leadership team in Canada, UK and US
- Responsible for making the IFRS adjustments to bring the Canadian financial results in compliance with OSFI requirements
- Analyze monthly results and interface with Finance and Business for additional insight on performance trends
- Provide the Canada line of business with accounting guidance and support, such as GL and transaction code requests as well as advising the business on the accounting treatment of transactions.
- Support business initiatives, such as platform conversions and retail partner launches, by monitoring pod updates and implementing accounting process changes as required.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit process
- Document accounting positions taken during the month end process in memos and work with various stakeholders, such as Accounting Policy where necessary, to obtain alignment on position.
- Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity for process improvements
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as they arise
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least one year of Accounting Experience
- CPA, CMA, CFA, or similar designation
- Experience with internal auditing
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).