Sr Full Stack EngineerApply now Job ID R64959 Updated date 01/10/2019 Location San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you interested in making an impact in highly visible projects critical to Capital One and visible to all Associates? Come apply and learn more about the exciting initiatives we’re working on including Pepper the robot (yes, an actual robot), chat bots with NLP/machine learning, and a reporting analytics engine just to name a few. The opportunities to work on these cutting edge technologies are very rare and we’re looking for someone that’s up to the challenge of bringing new innovation to all of Capital One. We’re looking for a candidate that has full stack architecture experience and can implement those infrastructure designs.
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer at Capital One you will be:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications in a production cloud environment.
- Designing and implementing appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Design and code full stack data products within our AWS environments
- Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with CloudFormation and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Designing and developing automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Providing on-call support and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Mentor Developers
Frequent technologies used in this role include: AWS, React, NodeJS, CloudFormation, Docker, Python, Linux Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, and Jenkins.
- At least 3 years of experience in working on the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Front End Experience: At least 2 years Angular/React experience
- At least 1 year CSS/SASS experience
- Backend Experience: At least 2 years Python
- At least 1 years of experience with testing frameworks such as Karma, Protractor, Jasmine
- At least 1 years of experience with Unix or Linux systems
- At least 1 years of experience with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc
- At least 1 year of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ years experience building applications in python, flask, django, Node.js, Express.js
- 2+ years experience working with an object oriented or functional programming language (Java, Scala)
- 1+ years experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, ansible, chef or puppet
- 1+ years experience working with Docker
- 1+ years experience working with a container management solution (ECS, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- 1+ years using RESTful web service framework
- 1+ years of experience working with Cloud platforms and services such as AWS
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).