Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R91574 Updated date 02/14/2020
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we are harnessing big data to improve everyday experiences for our millions of customers across banking, investments, car loans, and mortgages. As our customers go about their daily lives, they generate a river of data. It flows 24-hours a day, touches all lines of business and represents a tremendous opportunity for Capital One. By accessing that data, we can develop real-time decisioning systems that provide anyone at Capital One with the resources and infrastructure they need to innovate on our data.
Our team is chartered to redefine how every associate at Capital One produces and consumes data. We are using open source and cutting-edge data streaming technologies while building custom experiences that humanize the creation and consumption of data. For this team, we are looking for product managers with three traits. First, you need to have the chops to dive deep into enterprise data platforms, both open source offerings and custom built solutions. Second, you will be the voice and advocate for more than 10,000 developers, data scientists and data analysts across Capital One. Third - you must have the clarity to define a product vision and lead a 24 month product strategy across your engineering, product, and design teams.
In your role, you will be on point for:
- Advocating for your users and backing up your decisions with data and end user insights.
- Develop business development relationships across our card, loan and enterprise businesses.
- Own cross dependencies across teams to insure successful product launches across a multiple stakeholder groups.
- Working with design partners on user mocks for web applications that manage our data platform.
- Co leading with your technology partners to deliver a product roadmap and managing product backlogs.
- Defining OKRs for your product lines and delivering on those key results.
What you need to demonstrate:
- Proven track record of working with engineering teams on enterprise software applications.
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges.
- Structured problem solving to help a team work through a wide range of issues.
- Demonstrable experience on product owner experience in an agile software development framework.
- Ability to work across different stakeholder groups who can navigate a matrixed organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of Product Management experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in software or SAAS industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience working on platform products provided via SAAS.
- 2+ years experience in data processing technology including Hadoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, AWS Kinesis.
- 2+ years experience in real-time data messaging platforms including Apache Kafka or MQ.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).