Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about our full benefits here.
The biggest qualities we look for are being autonomous and self-driven. This culture inspires you to take initiative and rewards you for doing so. I get to use all parts of my brain here.– Emma S., Product Manager
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R89780 Updated date 01/10/2020
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of customers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great customer experiences.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for developing the vision for products that help customers better understand where they spend money and make life harder for fraudsters. You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define what will be built and lead the tech team to deliver it.
Responsibilities and competencies:
- Responsible for defining scope of development for new product features and on-going feature enhancements including all management of backlog and project management activities.
- Define product vision and OKRs (objective and key results)
- Write and prioritize user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Secure regulatory, legal and compliance approvals for new initiatives
- Determines service standards and policies for new product
- Follows and adheres to all governance processes and secures launch approvals.
- Proven leader, motivator, and effective decision maker enhanced by creativity with a detailed understanding of digital product management
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
- Senior Manager, Product Manager San Francisco, California, Vienna, Virginia
- Sr. Manager, Technical Product Management San Francisco, California, Vienna, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Service Design Program Manager Vienna, Virginia, New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Chicago, Illinois, Richmond, Virginia
- Sr. Manager, Product Management San Francisco, California