Lead Site Reliability EngineerApply now Job ID R87559 Updated date 01/02/2020 Location San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Site Reliability Engineering at Capital One leverages software engineering to architect, design and maintain large fault tolerant micro-services based systems in the cloud.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask, “what if”?
As a Capital One Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you'll work in a large-scale mission critical system where data is measure in the order of Peta Bytes, Up-time is measured with 5 nines and latency is measured in single milliseconds. You will use your software engineering expertise to constantly automate processes and innovate in a push to improve the reliability of the system. You will plan, design, build and maintain large scale engineering solutions. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's public cloud hosted infrastructure (OS + Containers + Network + Security + Monitoring)
- Working closely with orchestration/API, client development teams and architecture to design and build new back end applications
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies
- Proficiency in development, test automation, release management and infrastructure
- Technical problem-solving skills
- Automating operation tasks and other manual activities
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (Python, Java, Node.js).
- Effectively communicate guideline and tool usage to IT Development and other IT team members
- Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs. Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- Providing off-hours support on a rotating schedule
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies to reduce costs while ensuring quality
- Experience with one of more of the following: Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, GitHub
- Support Capital One shared production environments (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Insatiable desire to learn new things, as well as share your knowledge with other team members
At least 7 years of experience building full-stack software solutions
At least 5 years of software development experience.
At least 5 years of experience working with Linux OS based systems.
At least 3 years of experience in Dev-Ops.
At least 2 years of experience with Scripting languages.
At least 2 years of experience using AWS.
Master’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology.
5+ years of experience designing and developing automated application builds and deployments.
5+ years of experience with Linux/UNIX or at least 2 years of experience with Apache Tomcat
3+ years of experience with the automated build and deployment management
3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tool sets
2+ years of AWS experience using EC2 or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Formation or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Watch
1+ years of experience with Ansible, Docker, Puppet or Terraform • 1+ year of Agile experience
1+ years container development experience
1+ years’ experience with Cassandra and/or Druid.
1+ years test architecture experience
1+ years’ experience performance tuning and monitoring tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).