Information Security Consultant, Digital Product Security--Senior ManagerApply now Job ID R62540 Updated date 12/05/2018 Location San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Security is essential to what we do at Capital One, from protecting our customers to our associates. As part of the Information Security Officer team for a line of business, you are passionate about security and risk management. You see security as an enabler and differentiator to enable the business through innovation, not a step in the compliance process. You work with the business to understand their goals and objectives and help them meet those goals and objectives in a secure manner. At Capital One, you will help consult on initiatives, programs, and projects to raise their game in Information Security and Risk Management. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also willing to know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Capital One to push the envelope.
· Act as a central point of contact for Digital Software Engineering teams for highly technical security purposes
· Coordinate and execute proactive Information Security consulting to the business and technology teams covering Digital Product Engineering
· Serve as an expert in Capital One’s Information Security offerings, polices, procedures and standards
· Influence customers to leverage security offerings and escalate to management when you have concerns
· Provide ad hoc support on special Information Security hot topics for the business
· Provide regular updates to executive leadership with your line of business on the overall Information Security health and risk environment
· Work with that leadership to anticipate their objectives and needs to better serve them
· Drive innovation activity as an outcome; Partner extensively with the Security Engineering organization to derive both novel and patent activity as outcomes from research and development or from security engagements
· You are a strong conceptual thinker and communicator, able to work effectively between tech teams and business executives
· You work well under minimal supervision
· You are a demonstrated leader who isn’t afraid to be hands on with coding
·You have worked as an engineer at a web scale mobile/web application company
· You have strong written and verbal communication skills
· You have a deep understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
· Bachelor's degree or military experience
· At least 2 years of experience providing guidance and oversight of security concepts
· At least 7 years of experience with architecture, software engineering, and cloud
· Proven experience in securing a public cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Experience building software utilizing public cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Hands-on experience securing mobile applications
· Experience utilizing Agile methodologies
· Experience with Application Security Architecture (OWASP)
· Experience with Threat Modeling
· Experience with Penetration Testing
· Splunk-Fu / SOC Monitoring experience.
· Experience in a regulated environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).