Front End EngineerApply now Job ID R76493 Updated date 06/18/2019 Location San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Front End Engineer
About the Team:
At Capital One, the homepage team provides the opportunity to reach our customers in unique, personal and engaging ways and devise digital experiences that are authentic & bold. Nothing is off limits as we explore exciting ways to take advantage of open source libraries, bolder design patterns, high-risk A/B Tests, personalization services, advanced monitoring tools, and even cloud technologies to deliver amazing customer experiences on the homepage and the navigation which is deployed across 2000+ pages across capitalone.com's domain.
We operate a small, productive, agile team. Our engineers use the best tools available to develop excellent products with the least amount of friction. We also offer free lunch three days a week along with a fully stocked kitchen.
What you’ll be working on:
- Optimizing capitalone.com with A/B testing, granular behavioral analysis, segmenting, and funneling based on user data and real-time decisions
- Delivering highly personalized navigation experiences to our visitors & customers across capitalone.com through use of reusable components, integration with personalization services & machine learning models and performance optimization techniques
- Create web pages/modules using semantic HTML markup & CSS based on static designs, wireframes, and other documentation.
- Perform thorough code review, cross-browser & device compatibility testing & bug fixing of the pages/modules created in Local environment before moving the code to higher settings.
- Collaborate with the Design team and create responsive, modern components
- Optimize site & navigation content for mobile devices
- Contribute back to the internal framework for building the sites
- Work in an agile environment with a team of developers and interact with stakeholders, business owners, designers, compliance, and QA.
- Lead the project and be the go-to person for any questions and design considerations on the project
- Mentor other developers on the team and help them resolve roadblocks and issues
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 1 year experience with Responsive Web Design
- 1 year production experience of a single page application framework like Angular, Ember, or React
- 1 year experience with A/B Testing tools like Optimizely or Adobe Target
- 1 year production experience of Node.js
- 1 year experience with templating libraries such as EJS or Mustache/Handlebars
- 1 year experience with SASS
- 1 year experience with Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- 1 year experience with common CMS platforms like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla or Contentful
- 1 year experience with AWS or Akamai
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).