Senior Full Stack Software EngineerApply now Job ID R83997 Updated date 09/11/2019 Location Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One’s Authorizations team in card technology is hiring and we’re looking for talented full stack software engineers with a passion for object oriented programming, cloud and micro service architecture, and a zeal for learning to join the team!
Our Software Engineers for this team work in a “You Build, You Own” full stack environment supporting an exciting and innovative tech stack composed of: Java, Golang, REST APIs, NoSQL database, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, and AWS cloud.
For this role, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with an interest in learning those technologies and diving right into the development with our engineering team.
This Authorizations team is supporting tech initiatives for our card users such as our token platforms (virtual card numbers), card controls (the backend development for our customer preferences), platform resiliency, and data modeling.
In this Full Stack role you will:
- Support a “You build you own” environment in production support and on-call rotation activities
- Demand quality (developing in a test driven manner with automation in mind),
- Collaborate (partnering well with a diverse and passionate team)
- Learn (adapting quickly to an evolving market and emerging trends)
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of emerging technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Java or object oriented programming
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring Framework
- At least 4 years of experience in Agile practices
- 2+ year of experience in an AWS cloud environment
- 2+ year of experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, or Artifactory
- 4+ years of experience with Unix or Shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience in architecture and system design
- 1+ years of experience in Golang
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).