Sr Risk Associate - Operational Risk ManagementApply now Job ID R74530 Updated date 07/22/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Risk Associate to join the Control Program Governance Validation team within the Operational Risk Management second line of defense. The ORM Validation team is a dedicated group of professionals focused on developing and executing second line of defense oversight responsibilities for Capital One.
The CPG Validation Senior Risk Associate will perform professional validation work that supports the enterprise-wide Control Program Governance testing program. This program manages risk across Operational Risk Control Programs within Capital One in alignment with the Risk Framework. This resource will help identify potential risks and assess the quality and adherence to the Control Program Standard.
This position will be expected to conduct control testing, document test results, prepare work papers to evidence testing methods, and draft final reports for customers to summarize test results. This associate will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our business partners while adhering to the highest ethical standards required for independent validation. Success in this position will rely heavily on working with other team members, being able to identify and execute strategies to build and improve processes, being able to analyze data from a variety of sources, and to independently identify risk through undefined processes or ways that are not pre-determined.
- Perform testing on identified Control Programs to ensure overall governance and oversight are being adhered to according to standards and guidance
- Ensure issues are properly reported to business areas and remediated appropriately to
- reduce outstanding risk or performance breakdowns
- Perform and support detailed data analysis to include trending, problem identification, and development/completion of remediation projects
- Identify emerging risks, process improvements, and/or areas for increased training through analysis of test results
- Manage work across organizational lines to achieve results and manage competing priorities
- Support procedure reviews and document updates
- Develop communications (written and presented) to support findings
- Assist with compiling metrics
- Provide effective challenge to the business where appropriate
- At least 1 year of audit or risk management experience
- At least 1 year of testing experience
- At least 1 year of quality assurance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- At least 2 years of risk management experience
- Project management experience
- Certified or working toward a professional certification in audit or risk management
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analysis skills with attention to detail
- Strong team and partnering skills and flexibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).