Software Engineer - Golang and JavaApply now Job ID R70610 Updated date 03/14/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, there is the opportunity to work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.
For this position, we are looking for someone who has production experience with the Go programming language and can help guide our team as we continue to utilize Go on a day to day basis.
In this role, you'll bring full stack experience, a passion for building quality systems, and a love for sharing knowledge.
Come take a look and join the team; I think we’ll surprise you.
In this role as a Go Software Engineer, you will:
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, maintain, and improve software
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Create automated test suites to validate the quality of your code
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Collaborate with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree of Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience using Golang
- At least 1 year of experience with Java
- 4 years of software development experience
- 2 years of Go experience
- 3 years of experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- 1 year of experience with creating and maintaining CI/CD tooling
- 1 year of experience with AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).