Senior Software EngineerApply now Job ID R91139 Updated date 01/25/2020 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer you will work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. In this role specifically you will be focused on the building out of our Payments Portal platform using a mix of AngularJS, REST, Java, NoSQL databases, DevOps frameworks, Spring frameworks and an AWS Cloud Infrastructure. The Payments Portal "OnePay" is an enterprise level, robust and scalable platform that is used by different lines of businesses across Capital One in order to view payments data, process payments exceptions and initiate payments.
Who You Are:
- An experienced full-stack software engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced development environment
- An individual who holds themselves to a high degree of ownership but are also adept at working as part of a team
- Comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration, system reliability and scalability as well as performance
- Love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- Design full-stack engineering solutions, write and test code and automate testing as well as deployment
- Deliver software components while working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Participate in the Agile Scrum process
- Be ready, willing and able to pick up new technologies as well as pitch in on story tasks
- Participate in architecting, deploying and supporting performant production software on cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of back-end development experience (NodeJS)
- At least 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in Java
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ECS or RDS (Postgres, MySQL)
- 2+ years of experience with Redux, Redux-Form, Flux, Jest, Enzyme or Ajax
- 2+ years of experience with Spring frameworks or REST microservices
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases
- 1+ year of experience in Groovy, Terraform or Golang
- 1+ year of experience with Docker containers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).