Senior Software Engineer - Java & AWSApply now Job ID R85885 Updated date 10/15/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
Capital One’s Card Technology team is growing in Richmond and we are looking for a talented full stack Senior Software Engineer with a passion for object oriented programming, cloud and microservice architecture, and a zeal for learning to join the team! The Senior Software Engineer will support our real time streaming data initiative, creating microservices, and supporting an exciting tech stack composed of Java 8, REST APIs, AWS, Jenkins, Maven, and Apache Kafka.
In this role, you will be:
- Building business capabilities on the cloud with AWS.
- Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies.
- Supporting a “You Build, You Own” Agile tech environment.
- Leading projects spanning across multiple card technology teams for Capital One.
- Providing enhancements and support on current web services (SOAP and REST).
- Continuously enhancing platform resiliency.
- Overseeing API security efforts in the midst of data changes.
- Interacting with on site and offshore teams to get real time updates.
- Providing senior level support within our core technologies which include: Java, AWS, and microservices.
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of Java development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS
- At least 2 years of experience developing RESTful APIs
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data technologies such as Kafka or Spark
- Formal certification in one of the following: Java, Spring, or AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).