Senior Scrum MasterApply now Job ID R76105 Updated date 06/12/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One’s Global Finance division is seeking an experienced Scrum Master candidate for a Senior Scrum Master position to support its Domestic Card (Consumer Branded, Partnerships), International (Canada, UK), and Small Business portfolios’ product delivery. The Scrum Master plays a key role in supporting the Card Controller’s product delivery strategy while navigating the team(s) through the direct integration of those products through intent-to-execution delivery practices. The Scrum Master will work in conjunction with the Finance Card line of business, Finance Operations, and Finance Technology resources. The Scrum Master will also need to partner with customer organizations across Card and Enterprise teams to assist those groups in managing Global Finance impacts and solution delivery.
In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the scrum appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The Scrum Master with support will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
The candidate must be able to work autonomously with limited direction at times, but also thrive in a collaborative, team environment.
- Serve as scrum master for one or more teams with the mentoring and oversight of a coach or experienced Scrum Master.
- Ensure team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
- Help team identify and remove impediments.
- Participate in daily Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting and clearly communicate team accomplishments/impediments.
- Coach the team to improve collaboration and self-organization.
- Demonstrate ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions.
- Understand domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies.
- Utilize team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve with assistance of a coach or experienced scrum master.
- Actively seek and participate in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Experience as part of an agile team
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).