Senior Market Research Manager, Tech & DigitalApply now Job ID R77078 Updated date 07/17/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia; McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
In service of that vision, and as part of the Enterprise Brand Strategy and Insights Team, this role will specifically focus on technology-forward initiatives that help people and businesses manage money and information. With a keen eye on opportunity discovery (exploring nascent innovations through the lens of functional and emotional needs states of target groups) and understanding marketplace dynamics, this individual will play a critical role in influencing go to market strategies for B2C and B2B technologies.
- Be the market research leader for our tech & digital partners by understanding their questions, translating these into research hypotheses, and managing a research program designed to test & answer the highest priority items.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on how companies are evolving their use of tech to help consumers and businesses, with the goal of influencing our strategy through anticipated customer & business needs.
- Effectively partner with peers and senior leaders to refine strategy and untangle complex research questions, demonstrating thought leadership and relationship building to identify knowledge gaps and how insights could/should impact our decisions.
- Influence peers and leaders through effective insight storytelling, grounded in a deep understanding of their goals and prevailing business context.
- Provide strategic direction & oversight to a wide range of qualitative and quantitative market research projects representing a broad range in size/scope (e.g., surveys, focus groups, habits/practices/attitudes studies, brand tracking, etc.).
- Design & drive the strategic intent of our tech & digital learning agendas, applying holistic scrutiny to optimize learnings and rigorously test marketing hypotheses to validate insights, product positioning and messaging.
- Develop and present impactful insights that drive strategy and decision making, including leveraging and integrating primary research, multiple studies, secondary sources, and competitive intelligence.
- Coach, manage, and inspire a research team to continuously deliver rigorous, high quality, influential insights.
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of experience in a primary market research role
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience cultivating and delivering insights to innovation or technology-centric product and marketing teams
- At least 2 years of experience in a people management role
- At least 2 years of experience in a large (at least 5,000 employees) matrixed organization
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, Sociology, Psychology
- At least 2 years of experience operating at a company offering B2B products or services (preferably tech focused)
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience cultivating and delivering insights to innovation and/or technology-centric product and marketing teams
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to manipulate and interpret large data sets, synthesize how these insights impact business decisions, and guide researchers on doing the same
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with multiple projects & constituents, first clarifying and setting learning objectives and then managing them within tight timelines and evolving priorities
- Specific experience in advanced research methods such as conjoint, discrete choice, segmentation and statistical modeling
- Ability to lead internal and vendor teams in executing large scale research and analytic projects
- Strong written & presentation skills, demonstrating confident presence and persuasive style, tailoring your messages to a diverse audience, inclusive of senior leaders, that results in desired outcomes and impacts the business agenda
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).